FYI- Got this in an email from VMware this morning:
We are pleased to inform you that a new VMware ESX 3.5 Patch is available as of June 02, 2011.
Improvements included in this patch:
- • Updates to the console operating system kernel package to resolve following security issues:
- o IPv4 remote denial of service
- o SCSI driver denial of service/possible privelege escalation
- o Kernel memory management arbitrary code execution
- o e1000 driver packet filer bypass
- • Resolves failure to add an ESXi host to vCenter and hostd restart failure
- • Updated CIM libraries that remove unnecessary dependencies
- • Updated parted module that removes unnecessary dependencies
Detailed information regarding resolved and known issues and enhancements can be found at ESX 3.5 Patch Release Notes:
VMware ESX 3.5 Patch is available for download at http://www.vmware.com/patch/download/.
VMware vSphere Product Management Team